The Ichon Global Village Center offers a variety of services to foreigners, as well as opportunities for cultural exchange which can improve understanding between foreigners and Koreans residents.
The Ichon area has a large population of Japanese residents.
Our center, in cooperation with the Seoul Global Center, focuses on educational, cultural, and community activities for foreigners to support them and help them settle down smoothly into the life in Korea.
Daily Living Support Services
At Ichon Global Village Center we support foreigners to solve any kinds of problems that they face during their time living in Seoul through a wide range of networks with various associations. We can help foreigners:
- Solve problems related to electricity, gas, water and garbage
- Learn about emergency services such as fire and police
- Find foreigner-friendly medical, legal, and real estate services
- Learn about immigration procedures through related associations
- Find information about public transportation and traveling in Korea
Educational and Cultural Opportunities
We offer various language lessons and cultural experience programs to help foreigners to understand about Korea as residents in the area.
- Educational Programs
- Korean Language Programs (for foreign residents):
||Beginner 1 • 2/ Lower- Intermediate/ Intermediate 1•2•3/ TOPIK(Intermediate)
||Seminar room in Ichon Global Village Center Building
||Free of charge (Textbook must be purchased by students)
- Cultural Programs
- Korean cultural programs
- - Classes on Korean traditional cooking, clothing, and art
- - Tours to historical sites and Korean traditional performances
- International Cultural Exchange Programs
- - Facilitates understanding between foreigners and Korean residents
- - Introduction to foreign cultures by members of the foreigner community
- Flea Market
- - An opportunity for foreigners and Korean residents to sell things to each other
Brochures about daily life information and tourism
- Maps of Yongsan-gu area
- Korean and Japanese books and magazines
- Free internet access
We invite people to join the cultural exchange programs of our center as volunteers to provide them
a chance to get to know more about Korea and exchange language and culture with Korean residents.