HOME > About Us > Notice > SGC News
|Subject||[Closed] A Big Think 2018 participants recruitment(Seoul Demo day for foreign startups)|
A big think Application form.docx
Do you think of starting a business in Korea? Do you have business ideas for start-ups?
The Korean government has created a Start-up visa(D-8-4) that does not limit the amount of investment to foreigners who want to do business in Korea through technology-based start-up.
If you have a good business idea, it is time for you to apply for this event. Suggest and get evaluated! We will help you to set up a corporation and get a Start-up visa to do business in Korea with your business idea alone.
Seoul Global Center, a Business Navigator for Foreign Start-ups and investors, is going to hold an Idea Audition for foreigners who want to acquire a Start-up visa(D-8-4).
An idea audition named 'A Big Think 2018' will be held to receive various support such as evaluation of business ideas, corporate establishment and visa acquisition. We all know that nothing can be achieved without try. We believe this event will be a turning point in your business, and we look forward to your interest and participation.
This competition is co-hosting with KIPA(Korea Invention Promotion Association), KPC(Korean Productivity Center), and Kookmin University to discover and foster foreign entrepreneurs with business ideas.
We will make your dreams come true. Show off your business ideas!
- Application Period: May. 8 - June. 15. 2018
- Eligibility: Foreigners(a person/a group) or Koreans-foreigners teams those have technology-based business ideas.
Applicants shall have an Associate’s degree(from Korea)/ Bachelor’s degree(from overseas) or higher.
- Submission[via email]: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required documents: 1. Application form(Download)
2. Summary of Business plan(within 3 pages, free form)
3. Video Presentation(Approx 3-5mins, free form) - Optional
- Introduce yourself(team) and brief about your business plan.
- You can link your presentation using Youtube or you can directly send it via email
4. Business plan(PPT or PDF, free form)
5. Team profile with photo(free form)
6. a copy of ARC or passport
* What is technology-based Business idea?
- Any product or service related or combined with technology such as Smart phone, app, IoT and etc
- Application[Via Email]: May. 8 - June. 15
- Preliminary Round(Documents Evaluation): Business plan review/ Result announcement on June 22
- Final Round (10 teams): Pitching Day(Presentation) on June 29 (2 pm to 5 pm) @ Google campus Seoul
Prize and Award
The winners will get privileges as follows(Those who receive first through third prize at the Final Round).
- OASIS 3 : Intellectual Property Application Support and Prototype Production Support by KIPA
- OASIS 5 : Start-up Coaching & Mentoring plus 15 points by KPC
- OASIS 6 : Start-up VISA(D-8-4) 25 points (Prerequisite point) by Immigration Office
- OASIS 7 : Offering incubation office free pass(for maximum one year) by SGC
* OASIS 7 is provided to only for first prize winner.
- OASIS 8 : Support for Corporation Establishment and issuing of Start-up VISA by KPC
- Providing professional Business consulting(Tax, Incorporation, Intellectual property) ordinarily
Money Prize [1st - 3rd]
- 1st place: 1 team, 1,000,000 KRW
- 2nd place: 2 teams, 300,000 KRW each
- 3rd place: 2 teams, 200,000 KRW each
- (02)2075-4139 or email at email@example.com