Go to main content Go to Menu

HOME > About Us > Q&A


facebook twitter kakaostory Print
medical insurance/tax refund-important!
It is a bulletin board for asking and answering. It confirms the attached file, the author, the date of creation, the number of times, the contents, and provides the answer information of the manager's inquiry about the matter concerned.
Name Train
Date 2018-01-13 05:02 Hit 200
Subject medical insurance/tax refund-important!

1-I was informed about the medical insurance by an agent in the Korean government.  I guess I was misinformed.

2-I am entitled to a tax refund.  I got my tax receipt thanks to your government, but I didn't get my refund.  I'm out of Korea and am in Canada now.  I had to leave Korea for a while.  How can I get my tax refund?  I don't work at my former school anymore, so can the government wire me the refund?  I've been a tax contributor of  yours for years now and wish to have my tax refund of 130,350 Korean Won.

Please help me and guide me.  If you need my school's information, please let me know.


[Reply]    2018.01.23

Dear Train,

We apologize for late reply. If you mean year-end tax settlement, there's another chance to report your tax through General Income Tax Report upcoming May. Please refer to the webisteregarding your issue. www.nts.go.kr/eng > Resources > Publication > Easy Guide for Foreigners' Year-end Tax Settlement 2017
Or you can call 1588-0560 (Tax office hotline for foreigners)

Thank you.