Q & A

facebook twitter kakaostory 프린트아이콘
How to apply for a daycare center
It is a bulletin board for asking and answering. It confirms the attached file, the author, the date of creation, the number of times, the contents, and provides the answer information of the manager's inquiry about the matter concerned.
Name zxcv
Date 2018-02-21 16:14 Hit 94
Subject How to apply for a daycare center

I need your help regarding daycare registration. I moved to Seoul just recently and I would like to know how can I register my kids to the daycare center. Where can I find more information about processes, registrations, locations? 

[Reply]    2018.02.21

The daycare center registration process for foreigner residents has been revised starting from December 28th 2017.

Starting from 2018, foreign residents have to visit the daycare center directly and fill out the application form.
However, multiculture families (whose spouse is Korean) can register through the new website (http://www.childcare.go.kr). 

If your family is residing in Seorae-Maeul (Banpo-dong area), here is a list of daycare centers:

1. Priori 
30, Bangbae-roe 32-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul
(children from 1 year old to 3 years old)

2. Ewha 
42, Bangbae-ro 39-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul

3. Hesed
13, Seorae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul
02-593-2933 | http://hesedseoul.com 
(children from 2 years old to 6 years old, English specialized)

Those daycare centers are private institutes. We do not recommend public daycare centers because normally it takes 2 or 3 years to enter unless families meet some special requirements(three children, working couple, disabled, etc.) 


Existing users of the website  <iseoul.seoul.go.kr> can check their waiting list  on the website <www.childcare.go.kr>(You will have to register once again)
For more information, please check  http://eng.childcare.go.kr/ or call 120 (Dasan call center)