How are you preparing for the hottest summer of all times just around the corner?
Here are 5 tips for you to protect yourself from the heat waves. Follow these tips and spend a healthy summer!
– Avoid hot meals and overeating, drink water regularly
– When exercising, drink 2~4 cups of cool water every hour
– In case of excessive sweating, have sports drinks to make up for lost minerals and salt
– Choose clothes that are lightweight, loose-fitting and light colored
– Avoid outdoor activities if possible, or schedule your activities during cooler hours like early morning
or evening to avoid exhaustion
– Take frequent rests under the shade during outdoor activities
– Wear a wide hat and sunglasses, apply UV protection sunscreen
– Move the patient to a cool place
– Use whatever means available to lower body temperature of the patient immediately
– Have the patient drink cool water (Except unconscious patients)
* Source : http://mediahub.seoul.go.kr/archives/1170804